Business account. Why and which!
Accounting is not your core business. You are an artist, not an accountant of course. But when you want to make a living with your art you have to deal with money. And taxes. So I will do the research, you will do the artwork okay;-)
Separate Personal and Business Expenses
One of the most important tips I can give you is: separate your private bank account from your business account. "When you commingle the two, you can waste hours trying to sort through bank and credit card transactions, spend more money for taxes and accountant fees, and open yourself to a Tax nightmare. You won't want to do that.
If you want to save time, have more money, and pay fewer taxes, and have less stress, take the time to open business bank accounts and if you want, associated credit cards to keep your personal and business dollars separate.
Best Business account for starters and small business
In several comparisons sites "KNAB zakelijk" was the winner. I use it by myself and it is indeed a very handy and cheap business bank account with a lot of benefits.
- It is the cheapest business account with 1000 free transactions pro year.
- Free unlimited extra bank accounts (you need them, at least one for operations, one for tax, one for savings), bankcard included (free)
- Everything online.
- Very handy app.
- Connection with most important accounting software.
- Cashflow tool included.
- KNAB Crowdfunding platform (you can reach 10000 investors)
- 88,9% of the freelancers would recommend this bank (it is the highest of all banks) (Source: Bankenevergelijking.nl)
There is an interesting promotion going on. If you open an account you get a discount of 50% the first year!
First-year € 2,5 pro month instead of € 5,- per month!